Sizing problems have long been a top reason for customers to return their online orders. And of course, when customers return or exchange items, you incur additional costs. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to dramatically reduce your apparel store’s return rates. The secret: Provide accurate, easy-to-understand sizing information for shoppers right there on your store’s website. An informative sizing chart can be the difference between a dissatisfied customer who returns their item, and a happy customer who becomes loyal to your brand for life.
Listed below are the top five size-chart apps for Shopify stores. Let’s dig into the details, key features, and pricing plans of each so you can choose the right one for your eCommerce business.
Kiwi Sizing: Increase sales with a fit recommender and customized size charts
Kiwi Sizing lets you create visually appealing and informative sizing charts for your online shop. It’s the number-one sizing tool on Shopify right now, with over 600 reviews and an average user rating of 5.0. Kiwi Sizing’s customizable size charts make it easy for you to help your customers choose the right size the first time, therefore reducing order return rates and the associated costs.
- Size Recommender. With intelligent-fit prediction and machine-learning based functionalities, customers can receive ideal fitting suggestions based on the apparel’s style and their personal body measurements. As a Shopify store owner, you can easily set up the recommender yourself—no coding knowledge required.
- Customized sizing charts. With Kiwi Sizing, you can create custom charts for all sorts of sized products, ranging from clothing and footwear to pet products and sports equipment. The charts also offer built-in automatic unit conversions to help international customers find the correct sizing information. Finally, the available size-chart templates will keep your product pages looking consistent.
- In-depth analytics dashboard. Kiwi Sizing offers shop owners like you a holistic view of how customers are utilizing your sizing tool based on in-app metrics and Google Analytics. You can see what type of data has been entered by shoppers, identify particular purchasing patterns, and optimize your sizing charts accordingly to increase conversions.
- Powerful integrations. Another feature that makes Kiwi Sizing a top sizing-chart app is its powerful integrations with other eCommerce platforms and service apps, including WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Pagefly, Vajor, Shopney, MageNative, JCurve, and HulkApps. That means it’s easy for eCommerce store owners to use Kiwi Sizing alongside other helpful apps, from tools for mobile commerce optimization to solutions for translating text for international customers.
- Premium: $7.49 USD/month
- Ultimate: $14.99 USD/month
Kiwi Sizing offers a free plan that’s perfect for new online-shop owners. As your business expands, you can upgrade to the Premium or Ultimate plan to access additional features that will help take your business to the next level.
Size Matters: Hassle-free size charts
Size Matters offers Shopify owners an extremely easy way to create size guides for different products. This tool is also fully customizable, so you can align the appearance of the charts with your store’s overall design.
- Supports CSS. Hiring professional engineers is a hassle and an extra cost for Shopify store owners. That’s why Size Matters lets you create size charts online yourself, without having to hard-code them into your eCommerce platform. Their app also supports CSS, which lets you easily modify your chart with a single, simple line of code.
- Unlimited, organized size guides. With Size Matters, shop owners can create unlimited size guides using different templates—but only the size guide for the product at hand will be shown to the shopper. That way, they won’t waste time scrolling through irrelevant sizing information, or be overwhelmed with multiple charts at once. This factor is important, because clear and easy-to-access size charts can improve the customer experience online and fast-track a shopper's decision process, resulting in more conversions.
Size Matters is completely free for all Shopify store owners. It offers you the minimum functionalities you need for providing an online size guide for your shoppers.
BF Size Charts & Size Guides: Charts for clothes, shoes, t-shirts, and product pages
BF Size Charts & Size Guides (also known as Best Fit) lets you create general online size charts and guides for a wide range of products, including apparel, necklaces, hats, bras, and other types of items. Best Fit will display only the size chart or guide that pertains to the particular product a shopper is viewing, offering them the necessary information to make a purchase without getting overwhelmed. Most importantly, this app requires zero coding to install, which makes it a great option for store owners who lack coding knowledge and/or the budget to hire a developer.
- Responsive and stylish size charts. eCommerce store owners can use the free version of the app to build easy-to-read and eye-catching size charts online that don’t show the app’s watermark.
- Flexible chart configurations. Best Fit lets you customize your size charts and tables by adding text and photos, adjusting text, mapping buttons, and linking locations. These quick modifications can help you increase on-site engagement and conversion rates.
- Premium: $4.99 USD/month
Best Fit offers both Free and Premium plans for shop owners to choose from. The benefit of the Premium plan is that it allows you to create multiple size charts and guides for one product. That way, you can provide more comprehensive information to help your customers choose better.
AVADA Size Chart: Reduce return rates with size charts and size guides
AVADA Size Chart is an app created by AVADA Commerce, a company that aims to help online businesses grow their revenue. Their useful size charts and size guides are easy for store owners to install, and equally simple for customers to use. AVADA also offers a dedicated support team to help you troubleshoot the app or its installation if needed.
- 11 ready-to-use templates. AVADA offers 11 ready-made templates for shop owners to apply instantly to their eCommerce websites. These templates are all customizable for diverse product types, including footwear. You can also change the color of the size chart, or add photos and videos to it to give shoppers additional fitting information.
- Two chart styles. You can choose a size-chart style that matches the design of your product pages: Inline Link, or Float Button. You can then preview the setting of the size chart from the backend and make adjustments accordingly to boost customer engagement and increase sales.
AVADA Size Chart: Size Guide is completely free to integrate into your Shopify store. However, it only offers basic Google Analytics data, which limits the insights you’ll be able to obtain about customer behavior.
Uplara: Transforming apparel shopping
Uplara is a fit-recommendation app that’s designed to help customers find their ideal size based on their unique body shape. The app will ask shoppers to enter the size and brand of an article of clothing they own that fits them well. It’ll then translate this information into the size they should order from your store. As a result, customers are far more likely to purchase the correct size from you the first time, reducing cart abandonment and return rates and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Personalized fit recommendations. Uplara provides shoppers with personalized fit recommendations based on their unique body types. The tool uses powerful algorithms to take sizing information from other clothes the customer owns to recommend the size they should buy from your store.
- A simple interface for store owners. Uplara lets you install the app on whatever eCommerce platform you use without much hassle. Once that’s done, you can manage all functions of the app from a single dashboard, and track app-usage data using advanced analytics.
- Compatible with all devices. This sizing app will render for shoppers on any device, from smartphones to desktop computers. That means you don’t need to worry about manually redesigning your size charts for mobile users; Uplara takes care of this automatically.
Uplara is free to install, and comes with a one-month, full-featured free trial. After that, free usage is limited and a fee is required to access the rest of the functionalities.
Add a helpful sizing tool to your store today
Sizing is a primary problem that most eCommerce apparel-shop owners face. To increase conversions and reduce order return rates, you need to provide your customers with an easy-to-use size chart or guide. Give one or more of the sizing tools on this list a try and see which one best fits your business!
Kiwi Sizing is an e-commerce plugin to help solve the sizing problems for online shopping. Over 40% of online clothing returns are due to sizes. Kiwi Sizing is designed to make sizing easy by offering stylish size charts and easy-to-use fit recommenders that let shoppers know what is the best size to purchase. We help improve conversions, cut down on returns, and lower the needs for customer support.
We are trusted by thousands of Shopify stores with over 400 5-star reviews. Try it now for free and start reducing unnecessary returns.
- YouTube Tutorials：https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQpP0NIIALWyMIa6NrFH3dw
- Demo shop：https://demo.kiwisizing.com/