Effective date: September 29th, 2020
- Collection of Personal Data when using Kiwi Sizing
- Types of Personal Data Collected
- Types of BigCommerce Shop Data collected when using Our BigCommerce App
- Types of Shopify Shop Data collected when using Our Shopify App
- Use of Data
- Transfer Of Data
- Data Retention
- Disclosure Of Data
- Security of Data
- Children's Privacy
- Your rights
- Contact Us
1. Collection of Personal Data when using Kiwi Sizing
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use Kiwi Sizing and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our Service that helps you find the right size when shopping online. By using Kiwi SIzing, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
You are entitled to withdraw his or her consent to the collection and use of the personal data at any time. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected
2a. Information provided to us by Our Partner Websites
Through integration with our partner shops, the following information is shared with us:
- Information related to the products you purchase from our partner websites, including but not limited to the date and time, size, price, and images related to the products you purchased.
- a unique identifier for the partner website (could be shortended or hashed). This identifier alone does not reveal your personal identity but allows our service to save information related to products you have purchased and/or returned in order to provide personalized size and fit recommendations.
2b. Information automatically collected by us
- IP Address of the device you are on (shortened/hashed): this is necessary to identify which language and preferred unit system of our Service to show you
- Browser details
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of retrieved file
- Website from which the access originated
- Operating system of your computer, device
- Actions you take during your visit
2c. Information provided by you or when you gave us permission to obtain it
In order to create an account for our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- A name, alias or nickname to let us know how you would like to be addressed
- Email address
If you connect your Facebook, Google (opens in a new window) or other third-party accounts to Kiwi Sizing, we only use the name and email information from those accounts to set up a Kiwi Sizing account and improve the login and signup process experience. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
Through our recommendation service, we may also collect certain information (“Fit Data") in order to make a recommendation decision. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Fit Preference
- Body shapes
- Bra sizes
- Preferred clothing sizes from other brands
“Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. “Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “Web beacons," “tags," and “pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We store certain Fit Data in cookie on your browser as a way to save your information for future visits to offer better experience for continuous usage.
We may also contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use portions of our Service.
4. Types of BigCommerce Shop Data collected when using Our BigCommerce App
When a BigCommerce store installs the App and accepts to our permission scope, we are automatically able to access certain types of information programmatically from the BigCommerce shop:
- Read product data
- Read and write Store Content Script
- Read Basic shop info (owner name, email)
Those data are critical to provide a frictionless experience for using the BigCommerce app.
5. Types of Shopify Shop Data collected when using Our Shopify App
When a Shopify store installs the App and accepts to our permission scope, we are automatically able to access certain types of information programmatically from the Shopify shop:
- Read and write product data
- Read collection data
- Read 30 days order data
- Write Shop Script Tag
- Read and write Shopify Theme files
- Read Basic shop info (owner name, time zone, locale, email, address)
- Information about you and others who may access the App on behalf of your store, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and billing information.
Those data are critical to provide a frictionless experience for using the Shopify app.
6. Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide size and fit recommendations based on your Fit Data
- Communicate with you regarding changes to our Service or to provide support
- Optimize or improve the app
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To test and monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To investigate, report and contact in the event of an incident or accident of security
Behavioural Advertising As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
7. Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your city, state, or country.
Our servers are located in North America, operated under cloud providers Digital Ocean and Amazon Web Services. Please note that we transfer and process, including Personal Data and Fit Data to our servers in North America.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for up to 1 year from the moment you submitted it. We will store your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the services requested by you, as long as needed for a legitimate purpose or for as long as required by applicable law.
9. Disclosure Of Data
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
10. Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data and Fit Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data and Fit Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
12. Your rights
In general, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Data Protection Agency
- Link or unlink your Kiwi Sizing account from other services (like Facebook or Google).
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. It is therefore not certain for example you have the right of data portability in the specific case - this depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
13. Contact Us
Contact Us For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.